EBV High School Student Council
The EBV High School Student Council (StuCo) is a student-led organization to promote the interests of students among the school administration, faculty and parents. Students on the student council serve as representatives and role models of the school by adhering to the school citizenship code. Members of StuCo identify and propose changes to the school administration to improve the quality of life at school for the students. In addition, students organize and promote school educational and recreational activities for school spirit, such as biweekly assemblies, family fun nights, and non uniform days.
The current StuCo members are:
- Nelsy Zambrano
- Linea Richards
- President: Yuliana Rojas
- Vice-President: Emiliana Chumaceiro.
- Secretary: Sandra Maestre
- Treasurer: Alesia Sanchez
- Nicole Castellanos
- Tiffany Starr
- Valeria Alvarez
- Juan Maroso
- Maria Victoria Montiel
- Santiago Ferrer
- Marcela Pineda
- Estefania Perez
- Alessia Cocconcelli
- Juan Simon Perez
- Cristina Bitar
- Elisa Rodriguez
Responsibilities of StuCo memberse
- To call and lead council meetings and develop all meeting agendas.
- To make executive decisions when needed.
- To work closely with the advisor on planning.
- To communicate with the high school principal on planning.
- To prepare all student assemblies.
- To oversee all projects run by members of the council.
- To work closely with the President.
- To serve in the absence of the President.
- To plan and prepare activity requests for all educational and recreational activities.
- To communicate with class representatives on grade-specific ideas or concerns.
- To present budgets for all proposed activities.
- To give monetary advice to the council.
- To organize all funds including income and expenses.
- To participate in all fundraising projects.
- To make and organizes purchases when necessary.
- To maintain and share meeting minutes and attendance with all council members in a timely manner.
- To update the STUCO board and other media outlets with announcements.
- Write down notes about the meetings and share it with board members and representatives as necessary.
- Advises student council meetings and activities.
- Advises students on all projects including setting goals, planning and budgeting.
- To communicate feedback from the specific grade to the council.
- To communicate council activities to the specific grade.
- To aid in the organization of educational and recreational activities proposed by the council.
- Unexcused absences result in one strike.
- Unexcused tardies result in a half strike.
- Three strikes result in dismissal from the council.